History of SSPD
The Saudi Society of Pediatric Dentistry (SSPD) is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 under the auspices of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS). The SSPD is the leading agency representing the specialty of pediatric dentistry in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
The SSPD works towards one goal: the advancement and promotion of oral health of children in the Kingdom.
The vision of SSPD is optimal oral health and general wellbeing of all infants, children, and adolescents including those with special health care needs in KSA.
The mission of SSPD is to promote optimal oral health of infants, children, adolescents, and persons with special health care needs in KSA. The SSPD services its members and promote the standards of excellence in continuing pediatric dental education, sub-specialty training, research and community outreach programs.
SSPD thrives to create an active network of pediatric dentists to share knowledge and experience.
- To bring the pediatric dentists in Saudi Arabia under one organization for the advancement of the science and art of pediatric dentistry.
- To encourage, sponsor, and advance the achievement of a high and ethical standard of practice, education, and research in the art and science of dentistry for children, adolescents, and the special need population in KSA.
- To educate the public on matters related to their oral health and general wellbeing.
- To act in an advisory capacity to national and local dental organizations in matters pertaining to pediatric dentistry.
The Saudi Society of Pediatric Dentistry (SSPD) pledges to
- Advance oral health of children including those with special health care needs
- Serve its members and represents the specialty of pediatric dentistry
- Increase public awareness in regards to dental diseases and oral health of pediatric population
- Protect the interest of its members
- Treat all persons with dignity, honesty and respect according to accepted ethical standards
- Help pediatric dentists to improve their skills and knowledge